- Bloomberg reports on growth in Indonesia’s regions: smaller cities are expected to outpace Jakarta by 2030.
- The Australian reports on the government’s exclusion of consortiums from the AsiaBound grants scheme: Monash and RMIT have both expressed their support for ACICIS.
- ‘Heavy metal, Islamist politics, and democracy’: Dan Murphy on Indonesia’s evolving political culture.
- Could black magic be the key to fighting corruption in Indonesia?
- Andrea Hirata, the author of Laskar Pelangi, interviewed on the ABC’s Big Ideas program.
- Alan Dupont argues that the Australia-Indonesia relationship has experienced a ‘remarkable turnaround‘ since 1999.
- An interesting blog post on RALLY, an exhibition which recently finished at NGV International.
- Asian language teachers are in strong demand.
- ABC News on a small group of organic farmers in West Java, who have pioneered a new method of rice production.
- The International Herald Tribune looks at Indonesia’s military court system.
- The Herb Feith Foundation will be screening John Darling’s 2003 film The Healing of Bali at Monash University this Wednesday.
Sign up to receive these links direct to your inbox every week.