Interested in getting involved with AIYA? Tell us a little about yourself.
- SBY looks set to become one of southeast Asia’s most popular accounts, catching up to Najib Razak and Benigno Aquino after only a week.
- Nadjib Riphat Kesoema, the Indonesian ambassador to Australia, has suggested that Indonesian students studying in Australia could be retrained as teachers to help meet demand.
- John Waddingham, one of Inside Indonesia’s founders, writes about the magazine’s conception and first issue.
- An interesting tool on the SBS website shows Indonesian speakers as a ‘heatmap’, suburb-by-suburb.
- The BBC reports on the challenges faced by Ahmadiyah in West Java.
- According to the WSJ, a new action thriller film set in Java ‘gets Indonesia right‘.
- What happens to a wrecked jet?
Events and opportunities:
- We’re looking for contributors to the AIYA website.
- AIYA Victoria will be holding a social evening in Melbourne on Monday evening.
- Monash University will be running a free screening the documentary Denok and Gareng at the Clayton campus this evening.
- AIYA WA are also holding a catch-up event, next Sunday, the 28th of April.