The Australia Trade Commission is advertising for Assistant Trade Commissioners, to begin posting in 2014:
Assistant Trade Commissioners participate in Austrade’s Trade Commissioner Development Program, which is designed to allow you to gain valuable experience working in an Austrade office overseas.
Several Assistant Trade Commissioner Positions are available. Subject to the successful applicant’s relevant skills, experience and to organisational requirements, the applicants can expect to be posted in the following markets: India or China, Latin America, ASEAN, and USA or Europe.
You will learn how Austrade develops in-depth market knowledge and how it assists Australian exporters, attracts foreign investment and promotes Australian education providers.
They’re looking for highly-motivated candidates, with:
- A strong record of academic achievement in disciplines including (but not limited to) International Business, Management and Finance, Economics, Law, Asian Studies or Politics
- Language capability in an Austrade priority language: Bahasa Indonesia, Hindi, Japanese, Mandarin or Spanish.
- Relevant international experience or exposure, which may include professional services, government or commercial business
- Well-developed interpersonal communications and representational skills and qualities.
- Business acumen including the ability to strategically analyse issues and draw out insights
- A high level of integrity and commitment to ethical behaviour.
More information on the Austrade website.