In the news
- Travel to Indonesia will become easier for Australians from January 2015, as the Indonesian government waives some visa requirements for Australian citizens.
- President Joko Widodo will attend the upcoming G20 Summit in Brisbane, officials say.
- As Indonesia’s GDP growth slows to a five-year low, the president is talking big about fixing Indonesia’s port infrastructure.
- As the government prepares to slash fuel subsidies, politics is getting in the way.
- Indonesian diplomat and CAUSINDY 2014 delegate, Pandu Utama Manggala, reflects on the elusive ‘people-to-people’ links from his personal experience.
On the AIYA Blog
- AIYA ACT’s Kirrilly McKenzie has a great round up of the annual Indonesia Day at the ANU, which promotes the study of Indonesia to Canberra area high school students.
Events and opportunities
- New Jakarta-based openings at the AIYA Job Board: a Manager of Southeast Asian Business Development at Australia Plus, and an editing position on a translation project.
- AIYA is also looking for a researcher to assist the National President on a research project—see here.