AIYA Links: 17 April
In the news
- At the Lowy Interpreter: Australians aren’t hearing enough about Indonesia in the media.
- The days of grabbing a beer at a convenience store in Indonesia are over thanks to new regulations.
- Indonesia prepares to welcome foreign leaders for the 60th anniversary of the historic Asia-Africa Conference.
- Inside Indonesia’s latest edition focuses on the economic challenge of getting youth into good jobs.
- [Bahasa Indonesia] From the Indonesian Film Festival in Melbourne, Erwin Renaldi reports on how Indonesian films are developing a devoted following in Australia.
- At New Mandala, a review of @RossTapsell‘s new book on Australian journos in Indonesia, and a check up on President Jokowi’s relationship with his party.
- Listen to a podcast of the Lowy Institute’s Monday discussion on the media in the Australia-Indonesia relationship.
At the AIYA Blog
- Check out our latest posts on new movies at the Indonesian Film Festival in Melbourne, and the experiences of an Indonesian AIYEP participant in Australia, at the AIYA Blog.