New ideas, new speakers—and a brand new location. The Conference of Australian and Indonesian Youth, CAUSINDY, returns to Australia this year, and we’re looking forward to our biggest conference yet. Read all about applying and sign up for updates at the CAUSINDY website.
In the news
- Read Asia Society Australia’s new paper, Connecting Australia and Indonesia, featuring analysis by diplomat Richard Woolcott and PwC’s Andrew Parker.
- Researcher @EvanLaksmana says ‘Jakarta needs to be more proactive in driving the agenda in the partnership [with Australia]’.
- Bloomberg on President Jokowi’s determination to ease Indonesia’s logistics nightmare by boosting port infrastructure.
- The KPK dealt another blow after another questionable court decision ends a corruption prosecution.
- A new report from the Institute for Policy Analysis of Conflict warns of the gradual return of the Indonesian military to what should be civilian and police roles.
At the AIYA Blog
- Jokowi: the beginning of a new era? Michael Reardon reports the feel from the Indonesian street.
Events & opportunities
- Sign up for CAUSINDY, of course! Applications are now open to be a part of the 2015 delegation.
- Two days left to apply to be a Copy Editor at the Jakarta Post—great opportunity to get into the media industry.
- Also at the AIYA Job Board: Junior Consultant position at Arctan Consulting.