We’re proud to announce the thirty young leaders who will be a part of this year’s Conference of Australian and Indonesian Youth (CAUSINDY) in Darwin. Meet the delegates over at the CAUSINDY website.
In the news
- A cabinet reshuffle sees President Jokowi’s economic team revamped to shore up confidence—The Jakarta Post profiles the new ministers.
- Australia’s Trade Minister Andrew Robb will lead a 200-strong delegation of exporters to Indonesia in November.
- At the Indonesia at Melbourne blog, read Ross Garnaut on Indonesia and the resources slump and ex-judge Jimly Ashiddiqie on the fight against capital punishment.
- Former Ambassador Sabam Siagian and senior journalist Endy Bayuni say Australia must ‘figure out its place in Asia’ for Indonesia ties to flourish.
At the AIYA Blog
- ‘I’m not sure how for years I survived living blissfully unaware of AFL’—Indonesian expat Ghian Tjandraputra (@ghiankr) on identity, multiculturalism, and falling in love with ‘Australia’s game’.
Events & opportunities
- Thanks to all who made last night’s #AIYAQandA on journalism and the relationship in Melbourne a success. You can replay the Periscope video until around 20:00 AEST today.
- Canberra, 20 August: AIYA ACT’s Annual General Meeting will be held at 18:00 at the ANU Bar.
- Perth, 3-6 September: tickets for the annual Indonesian Film Festival are now on sale from Balai Bahasa Indonesia Perth.