We extend a warm farewell and thanks to AIYA’s outgoing Director of Operations Rachelle Cole and Communications Director Tim Graham. Terima kasih dan semoga sukses! Read AIYA President Nicholas Mark’s message farewelling Rachelle and Tim and welcoming the incoming members of the AIYA National Executive.
In the news
- Foreign Minister Julie Bishop is back to ‘text buddy’ status with Indonesian counterpart Retno Marsudi.
- Claims that Australians would access visa-free travel to Indonesia have been denied.
- Indonesia’s still a booming market for Twitter, reports the WSJ.
- Veteran correspondent John McBeth says policymakers are costing Indonesia its reputation with investors.
- Researcher @EvanLaksamana says Indonesia’s military is not presently a hazard for democracy.
At the AIYA Blog
- David Visser on 20 years of getting Australians to know and love Indonesia through the ACICIS program.
- ‘ACICIS for me opened doors before I even knew it existed’—AIYA ACT’s Kirrilly McKenzie on ACICIS’ 20th birthday.
- Marlene Millot has a wrap up of the latest AIYA Q&A on the role of the media in Australia-Indonesia relations.
Events & opportunities
- Work with us! AIYA National is seeking expressions of interest for a volunteer Web and IT Officer.