AIYA Links: CAUSINDY Wrap
Another successful CAUSINDY has drawn to a close! Delegates leave Darwin with a new appreciation of the history and future of Indonesia’s economic and cultural engagement with Northern Australia. Check out @causindy on Twitter to look back at the conversation, or listen to CAUSINDY Managing Director Karina Akib chat to Monocle 24 [start 24:00m] about what this year’s conference was all about.
In the news
- Former President Yudhoyono has talked up the possibilities for WA-Indonesia trade during a visit to Perth, where he was also awarded an honorary doctorate at UWA.
- Australian Trade Minister Andrew Robb visits Jakarta as a change in prime ministers offers the possibility of a refreshed relationship.
- Inside Indonesia on a web series offering a light-hearted but informative look at LGBTI life in urban Indonesia.
- Catch up on analysis of the year in Indonesian politics and economics from last week’s ANU Indonesia Update Conference.
- Mas Jawa meets an Aussie Bloke—but who’s who?
At the AIYA Blog
- The Importance of Being Tulus [earnest]—Titis Tosca on being charmed by Indonesian vocal star Tulus during his recent appearence at Soundsekerta in Melbourne.
- Clarissa Tanurahardja on the social and religious significance of Idul Adha, which Indonesian Muslims are celebrating this weekend.
Events & opportunities
- Show off your language skills and win up to $3,000 with the National Australia Indonesia Language Awards (NAILA), now accepting applications for its inaugural competition.