AIYA Links: 2 October
In the news
- Indonesia marked the 50th anniversary of the 1965 coups with continued rejection of an official apology for victims of anti-communist massacres.
- Inside Indonesia marks the anniversary of the post-coup violence with a special edition on transitional justice.
- On video at New Mandala: Ross Tapsell talks with Ariel Heryanto and Robert Cribb on the legacy of anticommunist killings.
- Hamish McDonald on the enduring mysteries of that night in 1965.
- The Jokowi administration announces a new round of economic stimulus which includes lowering petrol prices.
- Indonesia will turn to China to build the new Jakarta-Bandung high speed rail link.
At the AIYA Blog
- For the stylish Jarrah Sastrawan, it’s ‘Batik day’ every day.
- Catch up on AIYA WA’s Basa-Basi event with Robbie Gaspar, the only Aussie to have played for an Indonesian pro soccer team.
- Show off your Indonesian language skills and win up to $3,000 by taking part in the first National Australia Indonesia Language Awards (NAILA).