We want to know what you think! The third annual AIYA Survey of members and friends takes about 15 minutes and helps seek to identify who you are, your opinion on the Australia-Indonesia relationship and how you’d like it to evolve.
In the news
- The Economist is sceptical of Indonesia’s plans for a landmark tax amnesty.
- Marlene Millot delves into the archives to examine Australia’s part in the 1965-66 massacres.
- The New York Times highlights how orang utan are suffering in the battle between the environment and agribusiness.
- The FT heads to Ambon to investigate the effects of Indonesia’s crackdown on illegal fishing.
- At New Mandala, @EvanLaksmana looks at the politics behind the scenes of Indonesia’s maritime agenda.
- Bahasa Indonesia students will recognise the ‘pleasures and pitfalls’ of learning Indonesian highlighted by Basoeki Koesasi.
At the AIYA Blog
- Mau gabung program beasiswa LPDP? Simak tips Albert Christian Soewongsono di sini.
- Isaac Bennet gives 10 tips on how to be a part of the New Colombo Plan of scholarships.
- Event recap: AIYA NTT and MITRA’s International Opportunities for Youth information seminar at Nusa Cendana University in Kupang.
Events & opportunities
- The Australia Indonesia Centre has announced the inaugural ReelozInd! Australia Indonesia Short Film Competition and Festival. Stay tuned for further information on this fantastic initiative!
- Tuludo, a Jakarta-based consulting and project management firm, seeks a Community Building Intern.