AIYA Links: 15 April
We want to know what you think! The third annual AIYA Survey of members and friends takes about 15 minutes and helps seek to identify who you are, your opinion on the Australia-Indonesia relationship and how you’d like it to evolve.
In the news
- Former President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono addressed the Australian Strategic Policy Institute’s recent conference on the 2016 Defence White Paper—read his speech here.
- The New York Times:
- profiles the ‘libraries on horseback’ bringing books to isolated villages
- investigates the effects of suspending Jakarta’s ‘3-in-1’ traffic rules
- and meets the Chinese fishermen involved in the recent incident near the Natuna islands.
- Matthew Busch looks at the politics behind the controversial Masela LNG project.
At the AIYA Blog
- Check out some early results from the 2016 AIYA Survey (which you should totally participate in).
- Albert Christian Soewongsono berbagi pengalaman dan tips tips bagaimana memanfaatkan beasiswa LPDP.
Events & opportunities
- The Australian Embassy in Jakarta is offering an 8 week internship program for Australian postgraduate students.
- Allen & Overy seeks Indonesian-speaking paralegals in its Sydney offices.
- Applications are now open to be a new Committee Member of the National Australia Indonesia Language Awards (NAILA).