In the news
- Indonesia has made a pointed display of air power over the Natuna Islands in the South China Sea.
- The tax amnesty looks to be smashing expectations, but some raise questions of fairness.
- Talking Indonesia considers how Indonesia scores in protecting the rights of its disabled citizens.
- A recent workshop in Lieden casts a critical eye over Indonesia’s new Village Law.
At the AIYA Blog
- Michael York continues his recap of the ANU’s recent Indonesia Update conference.
- Kirrilly McKenzie reports on AIYA ACT’s recent Indonesia Day event for Canberra region school students.
Events & opportunities
- The National Australia Indonesia Language Awards (NAILA) Awards Ceremony and Networking Evening is being held on Friday 16 October in Melbourne. Beverages & canapés provided, VIP speakers, networking opportunities with industry leaders and the announcement of NAILA 2016 Awardees. A limited number of places are available – RSVP to receive an invitation.
- Asymptote magazine’s International Translation contest: stand to win up to US$1000 and have your work published in The Guardian by translating a favourite piece of Indonesian fiction or poetry.
- The AIYA Jobs Board this week features opportunities promoting SA exports at Austrade in Jakarta, supporting Indonesian clients at Siteminder in Sydney, and exciting Indonesia-based AVID assignments.