AIYA Links: 14 October
In the news
- The Australian reports that President Jokowi will address Parliament during his upcoming visit to Australia.
- Learn all you need to know about the race to become Jakarta governor in this new report by ISEAS researchers.
- Young, rich, and iconoclastic: Channel News Asia meets the new generation of patrons fueling Indonesia’s contemporary art boom.
- Human Rights Watch again sounds the alarm on homophobic regulations from the Indonesian government.
At the AIYA Blog
- We caught up with the two Indonesian winners of the Queensland Government’s Best Semester Abroad program to study in the state.
Events & opportunities
- Sydney, 23 October: get down to AIYA NSW’s Malam Trivia for good times and obscure facts.
- Sign up for AIYEP! One of the premier opportunities to experience Indonesia at the grass roots is now accepting applications.
- UNSW researchers can benefit from seed funding to promote collaboration with Indonesian scholars.
- Study in the NT scholarship: International students should check out the support available to study in Australia’s Northern Territory.
- Google is seeking a Sydney-based recruiter for technical staff with a focus on Indonesia.