AIYA Links: 21 October
In the news
- As we marked two years of the Jokowi presidency yesterday:
- Hamish McDonald surveys the political landscape at the Nikkei Asian Review
- PT Danareksa chief economist Khalil Rowter has the economic score card,
- TIME speaks to civil society figures and commentators on what’s been achieved since 2014.
- Check out the Crossing Boundaries project, translating contemporary Indonesian short stories for Australian audiences.
- BKPM chief Thomas Lembong was in Australia this week, and spoke to ABC TV about boosting cross-border tourism.
- Max Walden reviews a new book on the policy challenges presented by asylum seekers transiting in Indonesia.
Events & opportunities
- Be a part of AIYA’s leadership team as a volunteer on our National Executive. Applications close soon!
- National Australia Indonesia Language Awards: Vote now for your favourite NAILA People’s Choice (Group) video entry!
- Perth, 11-13 November: save the dates for the Australia Indonesia Business Council’s annual Indonesia Business Summit.
- The Australian Embassy Jakarta is advertising a Senior Policy Officer position focused on law enforcement cooperation.
- Lazada is looking for several team members–see the AIYA Jobs Board for more.