In the news
- Foreign Minister Julie Bishop was in Jakarta this week where she met with President Jokowi and senior ministers and popped in to Jakarta Fashion Week to support Australian ‘fashion diplomacy‘.
- The ABC reports on Indonesia’s serious domestic violence problem, and how Australian @WaltonKate is part of the fight against it.
- The OECD has published its Economic Survey of Indonesia for 2016.
- A new Institute for Policy Analysis of Conflict report looks at how support for ISIS is uniting violent radicals in Mindanao.
- How do farmers in Lombok see Jakarta’s push for so-called ‘food sovreignty’?
- Indonesia at Melbourne: former top judge Mahfud MD on Indonesia’s ‘rubbish’ bureaucracy, and Ken Setiawan on corruption allegations surrounding the National Human Rights Commission (KomnasHAM).
At the AIYA Blog
- Our Q&A with the Indonesian winner of ModCon, the Australian Embassy’s recent digital art prize.
- Rahmah Eka Saputri reflects on her experience of AIYEP in Indonesia and Australia.
Events & opportunities
- This week att the AIYA jobs board, we’ve got a great haul of new Indonesia-related career opportunities.