AIYA Links: 30 June
In the news
- Former US President Obama and his family have been in Indonesia this past week. Tourism minister Arief Yahya says Obama’s visit will bring Indonesia as a tourist destination to the world’s attention.
- In the AFR, columnist Brian Toohey argues that the ‘time in nigh’ for Australia to take Indonesia more seriously.
At the blog
- The Australian Embassy Jakarta recently held the Australia Indonesia Youth Leaders Seminar. Read a recap of the event here in Indonesian and here in English.
- Melbourne, 30 June – Asia Society’s launch of the ‘Disruptive Asia‘ publication comes to Melbourne too.
- Skills in social media, writing and graphic design? We want you at AIYA! We are recruiting three new positions in the National Communications Team. For more information and to apply check out the position description.
- Based in South Australia? Become part of the next AIYA South Australia Chapter Executive
- Do you use dwibahasa on social media? An AIYA Masters student is looking for participants in a study investigating language behaviours of using Indonesian and English on social media. To get more information check here or email [email protected].
Like what we do? Support AIYA by becoming a member today.