In the news
- ‘Publishers aren’t looking for you, they’re looking for Indonesia.’ John McGlynn of Lontar Foundation shares his passion for Indonesian arts and social importance in literature.
- At New Mandala, Nick Kuipers explores the latest boom of mosque and musholla constructions in Indonesia.
- The Floating School in South Sulawesi is committed to bringing accessible education across Indonesia. Read more on how The Floating School is making a difference.
On the blog
- Did you know that four of Indonesia’s rivers are some of the world’s most polluted? Thomas Wright of the University of Queensland and Dr Sarah Waddell investigate on how Indonesia can fight against plastic pollution (originally published on The Conversation).
- #ICYMI Check out AIYA Jakarta on the ground in Kota Tua asking the locals for some words about Indonesia.
- Canberra, 16 – 18 September – Attend ANU’s Indonesia Update Conference with the theme “Indonesia in the new world: globalisation, nationalism and sovereignty”. Can’t attend in person? Stay tuned for the Political Update and Economic Update sessions live stream.
- Melbourne, 19 September – Come to AIYA VIC and PPIA Monash’s Belajar Bahasa Hari Selasa (BERBAHASA), where the session will be all about film.
- Sydney, 21 September – Join the Australia Awards in Indonesia Networking Event of the Transformational Business Leadership at 6 PM at The University of Sydney Business School CBD Campus – Lecture Room 4/5, Level 17, 133 Castlereagh St (Stocklands Building). RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by end of 15 September.
- Canberra, 22 September – Join AIYA ACT and ISA for Economic Panel discussion. Find out more here on how you can get involved.
- Canberra, 26 September – AIYA ACT AGM is happening! See Opportunities section below for more details.
- Brisbane, 28 September – AIYA QLD hosts an Indonesia Opportunities Networking Event. Save the date for this one!
- Melbourne, Yogyakarta, Adelaide, Jakarta, Denpasar, Brisbane, Darwin, Sydney, 27 September – 7 November – Don’t miss out the upcoming ReelOzInd’s Australia – Indonesia Short Film Festival screenings in select cities across Australia and Indonesia.
- JOIN AIYA NATIONAL! The AIYA National AGM is coming up on 5 November 2017. We are taking applications until 6 October 2017 for the roles of National President, Director of Operations and Director of Partnerships and Membership.
- Join the AIYA ACT executive committee at their upcoming AGM on 26 September! Nominate yourself for a position to help lead one of AIYA’s most active chapters.
- AIYEP 2017 – Applications are now open for the Australia Indonesia Youth Exchange Program (AIYEP) 2017/2018. This core program within the Australia Indonesia Institute is now in its 36th year!
- WEA will be offering Bahasa Indonesia Beginners Courses, best for students with no previous knowledge of the language and who wish to learn the language for business travel or everyday use. Courses commence 9 October.
- The Australia-Indonesia Institute (AII) is seeking expressions of interest from artists, producers and festival and venue programmers in the music and dance fields to participate in the 2017 Performing Arts Tour of Indonesia.
- Asialink Arts are inviting proposals from Australian and Indonesian writers for their Tulis 2018 Writing Exchange program.
Like what we do? Support AIYA by becoming a member today.