IA-CEPA ECP Katalis menjalin kemitraan dengan produsen cokelat premium Pipiltin Cocoa. Kolaborasi ini menjadi angin segar bagi eksportir Indonesia untuk bisa masuk pasar kakao premium Australia dan negara lainnya. (Bisnis.com)
In the News
- Presiden Republik Indonesia (RI) Joko Widodo (Jokowi) telah melakukan sejumlah pertemuan bilateral dengan beberapa pemimpin dalam Konferensi Tingkat Tinggi (KTT) ke-42 ASEAN 2023, di Labuan Bajo. Upaya itu dilakukan dengan harapan memperkuat pertumbuhan ekonomi di kawasan di tengah ketidakpastian global yang kian memanas. (Medcom.id)
- As the IESR reported in its “Indonesia Solar Energy Outlook 2023” report, PV deployment has fallen far short of decarbonisation requirements. Through its energy chairmanship of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations this year, Indonesia can strengthen the role of solar power in the context of regional energy security through collaboration in the power system and beyond, including promoting the PV supply chain in the region. (PV Magazine)
- Kontingen Indonesia kini tinggal mengejar target Presiden Joko Widodo setelah mengoleksi 60 medali emas SEA Games 2023. Medali emas ke-60 Indonesia itu dipersembahkan lifter Julian Klarisa dari cabang angkat besi nomor 55kg putri, Minggu (14/5). (CNN Indonesia)
- Pemerintah Indonesia dan Pemerintah Australia telah menandatangani Subsidiary Arrangement (SA) untuk kegiatan akselerasi layanan dasar melalui Sinergi dan Kolaborasi untuk Akselerasi Layanan Dasar (SKALA) pada 30 Maret 2023. Kegiatan SKALA untuk pengurangan angka kemiskinan ini dilakukan di delapan provinsi di Indonesia, salah satunya Aceh. (Dialeksis)
On the Blog
- The New Colombo Plan (NCP) scholarship is a signature initiative of the Australian Government that aims to lift knowledge of the Indo-Pacific in Australia by supporting undergraduates to study and undertake internships in the region for up to 19 months. In 2023, 150 scholars were selected as recipients of the NCP Scholarship, with only eight being awarded the scholarship for Indonesia.
- Read NCP scholars’ experience in submitting successful applications on AIYA Blog here.
- Hutang para mahasiswa Australia akan melonjak sebesar AUD4,5 miliar tahun ini, karena indeksasi yang diterapkan pada pinjaman HECS pada awal Juni. HECS adalah jumlah kontribusi orang untuk belajar di universitas dan apa yang mereka bayarkan nanti melalui sistem pajak saat mereka mendapatkan penghasilan. (SBS Bahasa Indonesia)
- AIYA Indigenous Engagement Events! The Kumpul Committee was established to connect with and celebrate the Indigenous cultures of both Australia and Indonesia.
- AIYA Kumpul has an upcoming book club, spotlighting one perspective of Australia’s multicultural history based on Ryan Butta’s “The Ballad of Abdul Wade”. The book features the lives of the Afghan cameleers who were pioneering forces of national transportation in colonial Australia. Mark your calendar and join this event on Sunday, 4 June at 5pm AEST / 2pm WIB here.
- Interested in joining our First Nations Book Club? Join the WA group here and/or the FB group here to keep up to date.
- JOIN AIYA ON DISCORD! AIYA would like to cordially invite you to join our Discord, an online group-chatting platform. We will be using Discord a digital hub for AIYA activities including:
- Games nights – AIYA will be hosting casual and impromptu gatherings on Discord
- Ngobrol santai – any AIYA member can join and chat with other members whenever you want.
- JOIN AIYA FLEX – our online language exchange is open to anyone with any level of Indonesian and English! It is held monthly on the first Sunday of the month at 1pm WIB/5pm AEDT. Join FLEX here (a recurring link).
- JOIN AIYA LANGUAGE EXCHANGE (IN-PERSON or ONLINE!) LX is back in multiple locations across Australia. Connect, chill, and converse with like-minded youth, meet new friends and engage in cross-cultural exchange. In-person language exchange is on:
- ACT: Every Wednesday, 6pm, Marie Reay Building, ANU. Follow @aiya_act on Instagram or Facebook for more info.
- NSW: Every Thursday, 6:30pm, alternating between in-person and online on Zoom. Follow @aiya_nsw on Instagram or Facebook for more info or find the schedule here.
- VIC: Every Wednesday, 6pm, Kathleen Syme Library and Community Centre. Follow @aiya_victoria on Instagram or Facebook for more info.
- YOGYA: Biweekly on Mondays, 7pm, Lokio Cafe. Follow @aiya.yogyakarta on Instagram or Facebook for more info.
- AIYA NSW is hosting a 2 Weeks to Canberra step-a-thon event on the 15-29 May 2023. Working in teams of 4, the end goal of this event is to walk the equivalent amount of steps from Sydney to Canberra over the course of two weeks. Tickets are $5-$10 and can be bought here.
- Australia National University in collaboration with the Institute for Economic and Social Research (University of Indonesia) will hold the 7th Sadli Lecture on May 16 at 12.30 PM – 3 PM. Registration is open to join via zoom or attend-in-person (Jakarta based). Click here to register.
- Footscray Arts Exhibition is celebrating the continuity of art styles based on Balinese Hindu belief and local influences within the contemporary context with the Sekala Niskala exhibition. Time & Date: 18 April – 25 June, Footscray Community Arts. Click here for more info.
- Ikatan Australia Nusantara (IKAN) PPIA Australia collaborates with AIYA Victoria to held the Indonesian Literary Symposium: A Slight Introduction. This event seeks to raise awareness and appreciation for Indonesian literature, poetry and artists, on May 27. Click here to register.
- AIYA Victoria is looking for more committee members for their 2023 committee. Apply here.
- AIYEP (Australia Indonesia Youth Exchange Program) is seeking a Program Assistant (part-time) to support the AIYEP 2023 in Canberra. The successful candidate will be responsible for securing internships and home-stays for 21 Indonesian delegates participating in the program and administrative tasks. More info here, apply by 2 June.
- NAILA’s annual speech competition that recognizes excellence in Indonesian studies is here with a prize up to $2000. If you are non-native and would challenge yourself with the theme ‘Food’, click here for more info. Submit your video by 7 August.
- Find out if you are eligible to receive a New Colombo Plan Mobility Grant here.
- ANU (Australia National University) is offering a course on introduction to Indonesia’s economy and policy environment. This is a chance to learn from world experts on the Indonesian economy in a two-day intensive course. More info here.
- DT Global implements The Australia Indonesia Health Security Partnership (AIHSP) program that offers meaningful opportunities for each individual member of our team to grow, make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally. Various opportunities here.
- IA-CEPA ECP Katalis is seeking a Cocoa Activity Manager in Indonesia. Apply by 19 May here.
- Asia Education Foundation Victorian Young Leaders: Indonesia Virtual Pilot 2023 is looking for students to participate in a 3-weeks virtual Indonesian language learning program for year 9 students in Victorian schools. Express your interest here.
- Australian Volunteers is temporarily suspending overseas placements but are continuing to support partner organisations through remote volunteering. If you’re interested in volunteering in-country then check-out a range of opportunities here.
- Bukalapak, an Indonesian-based tech unicorn with over 100 million users, 2000+ employees, and a brand new office opening right in Melbourne! They are looking for software engineers positions in Jakarta, Sydney and Melbourne. Apply here.
- Career Insights: Graduate Programs in International Affairs In this article, YAIA (Young Aus in International Affairs) has curated a list of graduate programs with an international focus across federal Government departments, agencies, state and territory governments, and private sector. Find out more here.
- Careers at Trade and Investment Queensland – Various opportunities here.
- Cowater International is hiring for several positions, including EOI for the Australia-Indonesia Research Collaboration Grants 2023 and Senior Research Officer. Check out their website here for more information.
- DFAT has established the Emerging Markets Impact Investment Fund (EMIIF) which seeks to support development ideas across the Indo-Pacific region. If you have a bright development idea consider applying for support here.
- The Indonesian Institute is looking for a Political Researcher and Legal Researcher. Willing to work from the office (WFO) in Jakarta. Further information check here.
- Inside Indonesia is looking for a volunteer to help with uploading a few articles to the website every couple of weeks. Please send your interest to editor @insideindonesia.org.
- Inside Indonesia publishes original pieces on a wide range of political, social, environmental, and cultural issues in Indonesia. They accept articles from people who have an interest in Indonesia. To find out how to contribute, click here.
- Jakarta Bintangs is an Australian Football Club with membership open to women, men and children of all nationalities, ages and ability.To keep up to date with training schedule follow them on Instagram @jakartabintangs, or contact Han on 081119337855. More information here.
- KATALIS – Do you have a great Indonesia-Australia business development idea that needs connecting and support? Submit your ideas through its business portal here. Proposals can be submitted all year, and will be subject to approval from the governments of Indonesia and Australia.
- KIAT (Indonesia Australia partnership for infrastructure) – Road Engineer opportunity is now open. Apply here.
- The Australian Government is receiving applications for the Working Holiday Maker program that allows young adults to have a 12 month holiday, during which they can undertake short-term work and study. More info here.
- Would you like to travel, intern and make lifelong friends in Indonesia for free? Value Learning is sending out an Expression of Interest for the Australian Indonesia Youth Exchange Program. Register here.