Pada tanggal Sabtu 20 Mei, Kedutaan Besar Australia menggelar Gala Dinner Alumni Australia 2023 di Jakarta untuk merayakan 70 tahun beasiswa Australia di Indonesia. Program beasiswa Australia ini merupakan program beasiswa luar negeri paling lama di Indonesia. (ANTARA)
In the News
- Indonesia telah memperkuat kerjasama dengan pemerintah Australia untuk membangun ketahanan masyarakat dalam upaya menangkal tumbuhnya paham-paham radikalisme dan ekstrimisme berbasis kekerasan. (BNPT RI)
- Badan Keamanan Laut (Bakamla) Republik Indonesia (RI) serta Kementerian Kelautan dan Perikanan bersama Australian Border Force (ABF), menggelar patroli terkoordinasi bilateral (Operation Gannet 2023). Untuk mengamankan dan memberikan keselamatan, serta jaminan kepada pengguna pelayaran di perbatasan Indonesia-Australia. Patroli ini juga akan fokus pada kejahatan transnasional yang terjadi di laut perbatasan Indonesia-Australia. Kedepan kerja sama antar negara di bidang keamanan laut ini akan ditingkatkan. (Merdeka)
- Fakultas Ilmu Sosial dan Ilmu Politik (FISIP) Universitas Sumatera Utara (USU) bekerja sama dengan Australian Embassy melangsungkan kuliah tamu mengusung tema “The Australia-Indonesia Bilateral Relationship”. Kegiatan ini mendatangkan Australian Ambassador to Indonesia Ms Penny William PSM di aula serbaguna FISIP pada hari selasa. (Universitas Sumatera Utara)
- Australia has handed over 500,000 doses of lumpy skin disease (LSD) vaccines to Indonesia as part of the Australian Government’s work to fight exotic animal diseases before they reach our shores. (Riverine Herald)
On the Blog
- The New Colombo Plan (NCP) scholarship is a signature initiative of the Australian Government that aims to lift knowledge of the Indo-Pacific in Australia by supporting undergraduates to study and undertake internships in the region for up to 19 months. In 2023, 150 scholars received the NCP Scholarship, with only 8 being awarded the scholarship for Indonesia.
- Read NCP scholars’ experience in submitting successful applications on AIYA Blog here.
- Hutang para mahasiswa Australia akan melonjak sebesar AUD4,5 miliar tahun ini, karena indeksasi yang diterapkan pada pinjaman HECS pada awal Juni. HECS adalah jumlah kontribusi orang untuk belajar di universitas dan apa yang mereka bayarkan nanti melalui sistem pajak saat mereka mendapatkan penghasilan. (SBS Bahasa Indonesia)
- AIYA Indigenous Engagement Events! The Kumpul Committee was established to connect with and celebrate the Indigenous cultures of both Australia and Indonesia.
- AIYA Kumpul has an upcoming book club, spotlighting one perspective of Australia’s multicultural history based on Ryan Butta’s “The Ballad of Abdul Wade”. The book features the lives of the Afghan cameleers who were pioneering forces of national transportation in colonial Australia. Mark your calendar and join this event on Sunday, 4 June at 5pm AEST / 2pm WIB here.
- Interested in joining our First Nations Book Club? Join the WA group here and/or the FB group here to keep up to date.
- JOIN AIYA ON DISCORD! AIYA would like to cordially invite you to join our Discord, an online group-chatting platform. We will be using Discord a digital hub for AIYA activities including:
- Games nights – AIYA will be hosting casual and impromptu gatherings on Discord
- Ngobrol santai – any AIYA member can join and chat with other members whenever you want.
- JOIN AIYA FLEX – our online language exchange is open to anyone with any level of Indonesian and English! It is held monthly on the first Sunday of the month at 1pm WIB/5pm AEDT. Join FLEX here (a recurring link).
- JOIN AIYA LANGUAGE EXCHANGE (IN-PERSON or ONLINE!) LX is back in multiple locations across Australia. Connect, chill, and converse with like-minded youth, meet new friends and engage in cross-cultural exchange. In-person language exchange is on:
- ACT: Every Wednesday, 6pm, Marie Reay Building, ANU. Follow @aiya_act on Instagram or Facebook for more info.
- NSW: Every Thursday, 6:30pm, alternating between in-person and online on Zoom. Follow @aiya_nsw on Instagram or Facebook for more info or find the schedule here.
- VIC: Every Wednesday, 6pm, Kathleen Syme Library and Community Centre. Follow @aiya_victoria on Instagram or Facebook for more info.
- YOGYA: Saturday 20th May, 4-5pm, Cafe Seven Stone. Follow @aiya.yogyakarta on Instagram or Facebook for more info.
- AIYA Victoria & PPIA Victoria are calling all literary enthusiasts to join their Indonesian Literary Symposium: Discovering Indonesia through Literature and Language, held on 27 May from 11am-5pm in KJRI Melbourne. Click here to register.
- AIYA NSW is hosting a 2 Weeks to Canberra step-a-thon event on the 15-29 May 2023. Working in teams of 4, the end goal of this event is to walk the equivalent amount of steps from Sydney to Canberra over the course of two weeks. Tickets are $5-$10 and can be bought here.
- Footscray Arts Exhibition iscelebrating the continuity of art styles based on Balinese Hindu belief and local influences within the contemporary context with the Sekala Niskala exhibition. Time & Date: 18 April – 25 June, Footscray Community Arts. Click here for more info.
- Ikatan Australia Nusantara (IKAN) PPIA Australia collaborates with AIYA Victoria to held the Indonesian Literary Symposium: A Slight Introduction. This event seeks to raise awareness and appreciation for Indonesian literature, poetry and artists, on May 27. Click here to register.
- USYD is hosting a public lecture on ASEAN Matters: Epicentrum of Growth to discuss economic growth in ASEAN on 29 May from 3:30pm-5pm. Click here to register.
- AIYA Victoria is looking for more committee members for their 2023 committee. Apply here.
- AIYEP (Australia Indonesia Youth Exchange Program) is seeking a Program Assistant (part-time) to support the AIYEP 2023 in Canberra. The successful candidate will be responsible for securing internships and home-stays for 21 Indonesian delegates participating in the program and administrative tasks. More info here, apply by 2 June.
- DT Global is looking for a Lead Adviser to progress Katalis (IA-CEPA) work on Market Integration. For more information and to apply, click here by 8 June.
- Wonderful Indonesia has open applications for the Education Explorer Award for Australians teaching or studying Indonesian to go on an immersive learning experience in Lombok. Apply here by 15 June.
- Nominations are now open for the Melbourne Asia Game Changer Awards 2023 for you to nominate your peers, colleagues, or prominent individuals in the four categories listed. Click here for more details.
- AIYEP applications are now open for 2023 for a unique in-country opportunity of an 8-week hybrid exchange program! For Australian applicants, apply here before the 30th of June.
- NAILA’s annual speech competition that recognizes excellence in Indonesian studies is here with a prize up to $2000. If you are non-native and would challenge yourself with the theme ‘Food’, click here for more info. Submit your video by 7 August.
- Find out if you are eligible to receive a New Colombo Plan Mobility Grant here.
- ANU (Australia National University) is offering a course on introduction to Indonesia’s economy and policy environment. This is a chance to learn from world experts on the Indonesian economy in a two-day intensive course. More info here.
- DT Global implements The Australia Indonesia Health Security Partnership (AIHSP) program that offers meaningful opportunities for each individual member of our team to grow, make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally. Various opportunities here.
- Asia Education Foundation Victorian Young Leaders: Indonesia Virtual Pilot 2023 is looking for students to participate in a 3-weeks virtual Indonesian language learning program for year 9 students in Victorian schools. Express your interest here.
- Australian Volunteers is temporarily suspending overseas placements but are continuing to support partner organisations through remote volunteering. If you’re interested in volunteering in-country then check-out a range of opportunities here.
- Bukalapak, an Indonesian-based tech unicorn with over 100 million users, 2000+ employees, and a brand new office opening right in Melbourne! They are looking for software engineers positions in Jakarta, Sydney and Melbourne. Apply here.
- Career Insights: Graduate Programs in International Affairs In this article, YAIA (Young Aus in International Affairs) has curated a list of graduate programs with an international focus across federal Government departments, agencies, state and territory governments, and private sector. Find out more here.
- Careers at Trade and Investment Queensland – Various opportunities here.
- Cowater International is hiring for several positions, including EOI for the Australia-Indonesia Research Collaboration Grants 2023 and Senior Research Officer. Check out their website here for more information.
- DFAT has established the Emerging Markets Impact Investment Fund (EMIIF) which seeks to support development ideas across the Indo-Pacific region. If you have a bright development idea consider applying for support here.
- Inside Indonesia is looking for a volunteer to help with uploading a few articles to the website every couple of weeks. Please send your interest to editor @insideindonesia.org.
- Inside Indonesia publishes original pieces on a wide range of political, social, environmental, and cultural issues in Indonesia. They accept articles from people who have an interest in Indonesia. To find out how to contribute, click here.
- Jakarta Bintangs is an Australian Football Club with membership open to women, men and children of all nationalities, ages and ability.To keep up to date with training schedule follow them on Instagram @jakartabintangs, or contact Han on 081119337855. More information here.
- KATALIS – Do you have a great Indonesia-Australia business development idea that needs connecting and support? Submit your ideas through its business portal here. Proposals can be submitted all year, and will be subject to approval from the governments of Indonesia and Australia.
- The Australian Government is receiving applications for the Working Holiday Maker program that allows young adults to have a 12 month holiday, during which they can undertake short-term work and study. More info here.
- Would you like to travel, intern and make lifelong friends in Indonesia for free? Value Learning is sending out an Expression of Interest for the Australian Indonesia Youth Exchange Program. Register here.