President Joko Widodo (Jokowi) affirmed that Indonesia has a huge opportunity to achieve the Golden Indonesia 2045 vision owing to the demographic bonus that will reach its peak in 2030. (AntaraNews)
In the News
- Youth development can enhance nation’s quality. The development of youth can lead Indonesia to have a more quality and competitive nation that has a strong and distinct character, Minister of Youth and Sports Dito Ariotedjo has stated. (AntaraNews)
- Australia, Indonesia urge securing ‘humanitarian access’ to Gaza. Indonesia welcomes UN resolution for immediate ‘durable and sustained humanitarian truce’ in Gaz. (AA)
- Indonesia encouraging Australians to go ‘beyond Bali’ and discover Lombok and Labuan Bajo ahead of new tourist tax. The Indonesian government has issued a fresh warning to Aussies tourists heading to Bali as the country looks to overhaul and rebalance its thriving tourism industry. (Sky News)
- The Indonesian government is currently intensively supporting and developing micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs) to go global and go digital as part of the efforts to improve the economy. (AntaraNews)
- Indonesia and Australia – regional co-operation and challenges. Our relationship with Indonesia has been marked by bloody conflicts, spying scandals and people smuggling struggles. Our militaries have clashed in Malaysia and East Timor, then we were brought together in grief over terror attacks in Bali. What is the current state of relations, and can they work together to shape the regions future? (ABC Nightlife)
- While there’s a lot of attention on the US-China rivalry and its implications for the region, Gatra and Tom focus on the different regional dynamics in Southeast Asia. Zooming in on Indonesia, Gatra Priyandita speaks to Natalie Sambhi about Indonesian politics and foreign policy and Australia’s relationship with Indonesia. They discuss Indonesia’s vision for the world and how it aligns with Australia’s. (AUS Strategy Policy Institute)
- JOIN AIYA ON DISCORD! AIYA would like to cordially invite you to join our Discord, an online group-chatting platform. We will be using Discord a digital hub for AIYA activities including:
- Games nights – AIYA will be hosting casual and impromptu gatherings on Discord
- Ngobrol santai – any AIYA member can join and chat with other members whenever you want.
- JOIN AIYA FLEX – our online language exchange is open to anyone with any level of Indonesian and English! It is held monthly on the first Sunday of the month at 4pm WIB/ 5pm WITA/ 7pm AEST / 8pm AEDT. Join FLEX here.
- Join AIYA ACT’s weekly Gamelan classes every Monday, 6-8pm, in the ANU School of Music, Room 680!
- AIYA QLD – AIBC QLD Networking & Trivia Evening, This event will provide the opportunity to get to know each other while enjoying the fun of a team-based trivia competition. Venue is at KPMG Brisbane, apply here.
- ANU is hosting:
- Indonesia-Australia Energy Transition Forum. What decarbonisation pathways are available to Australia and Indonesia as both countries transition energy sectors? 9:00am-12:45pm, hybrid event with the option to join online via Zoom or in-person at the ANU Acton campus. Join here.
- Indonesia-Australia Energy Transition Forum. What decarbonisation pathways are available to Australia and Indonesia as both countries transition energy sectors? Let’s join on Friday, November 3rd, 9:00am-12:45pm, hybrid event with the option to join online via Zoom or in-person at the Barton Theatre, ANU Acton campus. Join here.
- Indonesia Australia Business Council is holding a conference from 7-9 November 2023. in Grand Hyatt Hotel Jakarta. Register here.
- AIYA Blog accepts open and roll submissions from Indonesians and Australians about anything to do with the bilateral relationship?
- Share with us your story of any study exchange or working holiday in Australia, fun facts about Bahasa Indonesia or English, review a book, a movie, a TV show or another piece of media related to Indonesian or Australian culture, policy and law developments between the two countries that you want to explore with an engaged audience of AIYA Blog readers.
- Maybe you have an idea but you’re not sure how to write it? You can also pitch ideas to our blog editors and they will workshop your article with you!
- Please email your submission to [email protected] and one of our amazing editors will work with you to get your work published on the AIYA Blog.
- Submissions are open in both English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Join the AIYA WA team and volunteer with like-minded individuals to strengthen the Aus-Indo relationship! The Australia Indonesia Youth Association Western Australia Chapter is looking for: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Communications Officer, Events Officer. Apply here. Applications close 31st October 2023.
- Asian Studies Association of Australia (ASAA) 2024 invites abstracts for papers, panels, and both physical and digital posters addressing the conference theme, as well as other contributions focusing on current and innovative themes and challenges in Asian Studies. Submit an abstract by 30 Oct here.
- ACICIS is hosting another Bahasa Sesh Challenge where you can win one free Indonesian Language Short Course, valued at over $3000! The challenge is extended until 31 October. Click here for more info.
- Australian Volunteers is temporarily suspending overseas placements but are continuing to support partner organisations through remote volunteering. If you’re interested in volunteering in-country then check-out a range of opportunities here.
- DFAT has established the Emerging Markets Impact Investment Fund (EMIIF) which seeks to support development ideas across the Indo-Pacific region. If you have a bright development idea consider applying for support here.
- Good Return is seeking for an Indonesia Program Coordinator. Suitable for someone who excels at forming partnerships and is interested in building the financial wellbeing and capability of people in Indonesia. Apply as soon as possible here as applications will be reviewed continually.
- Inside Indonesia is looking for a reliable volunteer to help with uploading a few articles to the website every couple of weeks. Please send your interest to [email protected]
- International Internship is receiving applications for Environmental Internship Indonesia. The program is composed of a structured four-week internship with host organisations in Indonesia. NCP funding is available. Submit your applications by 7 Nov here.
- KATALIS – Do you have a great Indonesia-Australia business development idea that needs connecting and support?Submit your ideas to Katalis through its business portal here. Proposals can be submitted all year.
- KIAT (Kemitraan Indonesia Australia untuk Infrastruktur)is opening various employment opportunities and current tenders. Find out here. KIAT works with its government partners across Indonesia to deliver a range of large and small projects to improve access to infrastructure for all Indonesians.
- KIAT (Kemitraan Indonesia Australia untuk Infrastruktur) is seeking for an Executive Assistant to provide support to the Facility Director in daily administrative, planning, and travel related matters. Apply here before 8th November
- The Australian Government is receiving applications for the Working Holiday Maker program that allows young adults to have a 12 month holiday, during which they can undertake short-term work and study. More info here.
- The Australian Trade and Investment Commission (Austrade) helps grow Australia’s prosperity by delivering quality trade and investment services to businesses, accelerates growth in Australia’s tourism sector and promotes Australia’s education to the world. Find more available vacancies information here.
- The Australian National University is offering various course about Indonesia and Australia bilateral relationship. Check if any course availability by demand. More info here.
- The Jakarta Bintangs is an Australian Football Club with membership open to anyone, begfinners are most welcome. The club organises games throughout the year, mostly in Jakarta, with occasional games across Indonesia and overseas. Tours are planned to Bali, Batam, Vietnam and Thailand this year. Training is mostly held at Lapangan Bola Aldiron in Jakarta on Saturday or Sunday afternoons. On occasion, training sessions are also held Thursday nights in the GBK complex. To keep up to date with the training schedule follow them on Instagram @jakartabintangs, or contact Han on 081119337855. For more information click here