Duta Besar Australia untuk Indonesia Penny Williams menyerahkan salinan digital film dokumenter bersejarah “Pandit Nehru Visits Indonesia” kepada Arsip Nasional Republik Indonesia (ANRI) dalam sebuah acara serah terima di Jakarta (ANTARA News)
Year-End Special Thanks
Thank you to all AIYA volunteers for their hard work and dedication throughout the year. We would also like to thank our AIYA members, sponsors, businesses, and organisations for their continuous support. AIYA will be going on a well deserved break until 15th January 2024. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
In the News
- The Indonesian Embassy welcomes H.E. Sri Mulyani Indrawati and her team to Canberra. Their visit is by the invitation from Australian National University (ANU) for H.E. Sri Mulyani Indrawati, as one of Indonesia’s best female ministers, to receive an honorary degree. (Indonesian Embassy in Canberra)
- Perayaan Budaya Indonesia dan Kecemerlangan Akademis: Malam Penghargaan NAILA dan Akhir Pekan Budaya Pemenang. (Indomedia)
- The federal government is set to unveil a major new migration strategy on Monday that aims to dramatically cut Australia’s intake. (ABC News)
- On Human Rights Day, the United Nations and IFI hosted the “UNiTE: Music Concert and Performing Arts to End Violence against Women” event at M Bloc, Jakarta, at December 10, marking the conclusion of the global 16 Days of Activism against Gender-Based Violence campaign that aims to rally action for a violence-free future for women and girls. (Jakarta Daily)
- A new Ministerial Direction for prioritising student and student guardian visa applications was signed on 14 December 2023, formalising the Australian Government’s processing priorities for the student and student guardian visa programs. (Australia Department of Home Affairs)
- Monash University has announced the appointment of Professor Matthew Nicholson as Pro Vice-Chancellor and President (Indonesia), succeeding the foundation Pro-Vice Chancellor and President (Indonesia) of Monash University, Indonesia. (Monash University)
- Australia mengumumkan rencana untuk memangkas jumlah imigran yang tiba di negaranya dengan harapan dapat mengurangi lonjakan imigran pasca pandemi dan mengatasi peningkatan biaya hidup. (CNBC Indonesia)
- Embracing vacation mode: Tips for a stress-free holiday season. (Monash University)
- Organisasi musik tradisional Indonesia di Victoria menampilkan acara Gathering of The Gamelans – Delapan organisasi musik tradisional Indonesia di negara bagian Victoria, bergantian tampil membawakan musik khas dari berbagai daerah di Indonesia, seperti Jawa Barat, Bali dan Jawa Tengah. (SBS Bahasa Indonesia)
- JOIN AIYA FLEX – our online language exchange is open to anyone with any level of Indonesian and English! It is held monthly on the first Sunday of the month at 12pm WIB/4pm AEDT. Join FLEX here.
- JOIN AIYA LANGUAGE EXCHANGE (IN-PERSON or ONLINE!) LX is back in multiple locations across Australia. Connect, chill, and converse with like-minded youth, meet new friends and engage in cross-cultural exchange. In-person language exchange is on:
- NSW: Every Thursday, 6:30pm, alternating between in-person and online on Zoom. Follow @aiya_nsw on Instagram or Facebook for more info or find the schedule here.
- VIC: Every Wednesday, 6pm, Kathleen Syme Library and Community Centre. Follow @aiya_victoria on Instagram or Facebook for more info.
- YOGYA: Biweekly on Mondays, 7pm, Lokio Cafe. Follow @aiya.yogyakarta on Instagram or Facebook for more info.
- Join AIYA ACT’s weekly Gamelan classes every Monday, 6-8pm, in the ANU School of Music, Room 680!
- ANU College of Asia & Pacific is presenting the launch of Defence Industry in ‘National Defence’: Rethinking the Future of Australian Defence Industry Policy on December 18 at 10-11AM. Click here for more info and registration form.
- The Woodford Folk Festival is held annually between 27 December and 1 January at a special 500-hectare park site known as Woodfordia. Camping on site is available and encouraged. Grab your ticket here.
- The Santos Tour Down Under is the first stop for the world’s best teams and cyclists, and the opening event of the UCI WorldTour. The program is held between 12 – 21 January 2024. Explore a detailed program here.
- Celebrate your 2024 New Year together with Bali Countdown 2024 at GWK Cultural Park with various festivals, competitions, music concerts and doorprize. Select your ticket preference here and enjoy the countdown to 2024.
- AIYA Blog accepts open and roll submissions from Indonesians and Australians about anything to do with the bilateral relationship?
- Share with us your story of any study exchange or working holiday in Australia, fun facts about Bahasa Indonesia or English, review a book, a movie, a TV show or another piece of media related to Indonesian or Australian culture, policy and law developments between the two countries that you want to explore with an engaged audience of AIYA Blog readers.
- Maybe you have an idea but you’re not sure how to write it? You can also pitch ideas to our blog editors and they will workshop your article with you!
- Please email your submission to [email protected] and one of our amazing editors will work with you to get your work published on the AIYA Blog.
- Submissions are open in both English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Asia Education Foundation (AEF) is currently seeking EIO for Australian schools who would like to partner with Indonesian schools through the DFAT-funded 2024 Australia-Indonesia BRIDGE program. Submit your application here. For more information click here.
- The Australia Awards Short Course is opening for a 2-week period in August/September 2024 and pre-course is held in July/August 2024 with the theme of women-led MSMEs – ready to export. The course is fully funded and open to all owners and executives of women-led MSMEs. Submit your application here by 28 Jan 2024.
- Nominate now for YAIYA (Young Women To Watch In International Affairs) by midnight Wednesday 31 January 2024 here
- Prospera is seeking a talented, enthusiastic, and hardworking research analyst to work alongside its expert team on climate and energy. Prospera is a partnership facility between the Government of Australia (through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and the Government of Indonesia. Apply here by 5pm (Jakarta time), 20 Dec 2023.
- SKALA Program (Strategi dan Kolaborasi untuk Akselerasi Layanan Dasar Kemitraan Australia – Indonesia) is a significant Australian investment designed to help Indonesia address regional disparities in development. SKALA is looking for a Policy and Advisory Policy placement in Jakarta. Apply your application here by 7 January 2024.
- University of Western Australia (UWA) is looking for a Secretariat Officer. Base salary range: $70,905 – $75,319 p.a. (pro-rata) plus 17% superannuation, apply here before 11:55 PM AWST on Sunday, 7 January 2024.
- DT Global is opening various vacancies with the vision of shaping a future where sustainable development and innovation empower individuals, communities, and nations. Find out more info here
- Economist (Climate and Energy) position with responsibility for robusting economic analysis and contributing insights to climate and energy policy change. Apply here before 22 Dec.
- MERL & Performance Director position with responsibility for development, management and technical inputs into SKALA’s monitoring & evaluation (M&E), research and learning (MERL) Plan, oversight of evaluations and M&E reporting to DFAT. Apply here before 7 Jan
- Apply Now for the Australia Awards Short Course on Women-led MSMEs – Ready to Export. This two-week program is designed for women-led MSME owners and executives. Apply online via this link before 28 January 2024, at 11.59 pm WIB. For more details, please visit this page
- ANU is offering a course on introduction to Indonesia’s economy and policy environment. This is a chance to learn from world experts on the Indonesian economy in a two-day intensive course. More info here
- The Asia Pacific Conference on Business and Marketing (APCBM) is opening abstract paper submissions for the Brisbane conference. APCBM is a platform for researchers, scientists, scholars, students and industry professionals from around the world to present their current research, and foster alliances with peers. Explore more information here and register your interest.
- Australian Volunteers is temporarily suspending overseas placements but are continuing to support partner organisations through remote volunteering. If you’re interested in volunteering in-country then check-out a range of opportunities here
- DFAT has established the Emerging Markets Impact Investment Fund (EMIIF) which seeks to support development ideas across the Indo-Pacific region. If you have a bright development idea consider applying for support here
- Inside Indonesia is looking for a reliable volunteer to help with uploading a few articles to the website every couple of weeks. Please send your interest to [email protected].
- KIAT (Kemitraan Indonesia Australia untuk Infrastruktur) is opening various employment opportunities and current tenders. Find out here. KIAT works with its government partners across Indonesia to deliver a range of large and small projects to improve access to infrastructure for all Indonesians
- The Australian Trade and Investment Commission (Austrade) helps grow Australia’s prosperity by delivering quality trade and investment services to businesses, accelerates growth in Australia’s tourism sector and promotes Australia’s education to the world. Find a list of available vacancies here
- The Australian Government is receiving applications for the Working Holiday Maker program that allows young adults to have a 12 month holiday, during which they can undertake short-term work and study. More info here
- The Jakarta Bintangs is an Australian Football Club with membership open to anyone, beginners are most welcome. The club organises games throughout the year, mostly in Jakarta, with occasional games across Indonesia and overseas. Tours are planned to Bali, Batam, Vietnam and Thailand this year. Training is mostly held at Lapangan Bola Aldiron in Jakarta on Saturday or Sunday afternoons. On occasion, training sessions are also held Thursday nights in the GBK complex. To keep up to date with the training schedule follow them on Instagram @jakartabintangs, or contact Han on 081119337855. For more information click here