AIYA Links: 14 November
Menurut Presiden Jokowi sebagai mitra komprehensif strategis, ASEAN dan Australia punya peranan penting untuk membangun kawasan Indo-Pasifik yang stabil, damai, dan sejahtera. (Tempo)
In the News
- ASEAN telah menyepakati secara prinsipal keanggotan bagi Timor Leste. Dengan begitu, Timor Leste akan menjadi anggota perhimpunan bangsa-bangsa Asia Tenggara yang ke-11. (Tempo)
- Sebuah akun Facebook membagikan video dengan judul “Amerika dan Australia Gelisah Kapal Perang Iran Tiba di Indonesia Siap Perang dengan Australia”. (Tempo)
- Ganda putra Indonesia, Fajar Alfian/Muhammad Rian Ardianto dan Mohammad Ahsan/Hendra Setiawan, dipastikan batal mentas di Australia Open 2022. (Kompas)
- Temuan terbaru ini merupakan berita baik bagi Steven Chen, warga asal Surabaya yang mendapatkan izin tinggal tetap Australia sejak tahun 1999. (Dekit.com)
- Nika Suwarsih from Apex Institute who works closely with Multicultural for Jobs Victoria talked to Sri Dean about how people can find help or support when looking for work. (SBS Indonesia)
- AIYA Victoria will be holding their Annual General meeting to showcase activities from the past year, elect a new executive and farewell the outgoing committee at the KonJen KJRI Melbourne on Wednesday 23 Nov at 6pm. You can also join online here.
- AIYA Indigenous Engagement Events! The Kumpul Committee was established to connect with and celebrate the Indigenous cultures of both Australia and Indonesia.
- JOIN AIYA ON DISCORD! AIYA would like to cordially invite you to join our Discord, an online group-chatting platform. We will be using Discord a digital hub for AIYA activities including:
- Games nights – AIYA will be hosting casual and impromptu gatherings on Discord
- Ngobrol santai – any AIYA member will be able to join and chat with other members whenever you want.
- JOIN AIYA FLEX – our online language exchange now moved to Zoom! It is open to anyone with any level of Indonesian and English, and held monthly on the first Sunday of the month at 1pm WIB/4pm AEST. Starting on 4 September, join FLEX here (a recurring link).
- JOIN AIYA LANGUAGE EXCHANGE (IN-PERSON or ONLINE!) LX is back in multiple locations across Australia. Connect, chill, and converse with like-minded youth, meet new friends and engage in cross-cultural exchange. In-person language exchange is on:
- ACT: Every Wednesday, 6pm, Marie Reay Building, ANU. Follow @aiya_act on Instagram or Facebook for more info.
- VIC: Every Wednesday, 6pm, Gallery Room, Multicultural Hub, 506 Elizabeth St, Melbourne VIC 3000. Follow @aiya_victoria on Instagram or Facebook for more info.
- NSW: Every Wednesday, 6pm, Online on Zoom. Follow @aiya.nsw on Instagram or Facebook for more info.
- YOGYA: Biweekly on Mondays, 7pm, Lokio Cafe.
- The University of Melbourne will screen the Our Mothers’ Land (dir. Leo Plunkett. 2020) and Samin vs Semen (dir. Dandhy Dwi Laksono 2015) produced in partnership between Screening Ideas, the Asia Institute and the Indonesia Democracy Hallmark Research Initiative on 15 Nov. More information here.
- The University of Melbourne will screen the Lukas’ Moment (dir. Aryo Danusari, 2005) and a trio of animated short documentaries produced in partnership between Screening Ideas, the Asia Institute and the Indonesia Democracy Hallmark Research Initiative on 22 Nov. More information here.
- Voting for the 2022 AIYA NAILA People’s Choice Awards is now BUKA/OPEN!!! You can watch the 4 submissions and pick your favourite one. The winner will be announced at our Awards Ceremony on the 2nd Dec.
- Australian Volunteers is looking for a Digital Marketing Strategist, Communication & Social Media Officer (Women’s Leadership Advocate), Social Media Coordinator, Digital Marketing Strategist (Social and Environmental Advocate), Digital Marketing Mentor (Disability Support Services), Social Media Officer – Borneo Football Academy and a Fundraising Officer (Disabilities Advocate). Apply by 16 November.
- Burgman Anglican School is looking for an Indonesian Teacher. Apply here by 17 Nov.
- Palladium is looking for a Contract Manager role to drive a service orientated, collaborative approach to contract delivery, leading the operations and finance functions of the program. Apply here by 19 Nov.
- The Department of Defence is hiring for an APS5 Indonesian Language Teacher in Laverton, Victoria. Apply here by 13 Nov.
- ACICIS is hiring for a Liaison Officer based in Jakarta. Applicants are required to be enrolled in a university, have an intermediate level of English proficiency and available from 2-15 Jan 2023. Apply here by 20 Nov.
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade is looking for a Senior Program Manager, Development Strategy and Coordination (SPM) who can work under limited direction of the Unit Manager, Development Strategy in a small team that supports DFAT’s senior management to develop strategy and coordinate across Australia’s development cooperation network in Indonesia. Apply here by 21 Nov.
- Australian National University is looking for a Director for the School of Culture, History and Languages. Apply here by 21 Nov.
- Asia Society is receiving nominations for Melbourne Asia Game Changer Awards. Nominees are those who have fostered Asia-focused leadership. Nominate your Game Changer here by 7 Dec.
- Register now to take part in the 17th Indonesian Film Festival Short Film Competition. The theme for the Competition is “Magnum Opus”.
- The Australia-Indonesia Centre is launching its online Talent Accelerator Program (TAP), aimed at increasing the impact and leadership of early career researchers across Indonesia and Australia. Apply here.
- The University of Sydney is looking for candidates for a domestic funded PhD scholarship that includes a small budget for field-work to look at coverage and equity in the South East Asia Region including Indonesia. The candidate will have the option to explore interests in migrant border, gender issues and identifying pro-equity strategies to reach under-served populations. Ideally the candidate will start in semester one of 2023, to enable alignment with other projects. There is flexibility in shaping the project to their interest. Please contact A/Professor Meru Sheel ([email protected]) for further information.
- DT Global (KIAT) is opening various employment opportunities and current tenders. Find out more here. KIAT works with its government partners across Indonesia to deliver a range of large and small projects to improve access to infrastructure for all Indonesians.
- Bukalapak is looking for a Software Engineer in Melbourne to apply best practice agile software development within a product-focused team. Apply here.
- ACICIS is looking for campaign volunteers to be part of a national initiative – aimed at shifting Australia’s monolingual mindset and promoting the study of languages among Australian university students. Apply here.
- Applications for the 2023 Language Assistant Program in Western Australian Public Schools are now open, facilitated by the Balai Bahasa Indonesia (BBI) Perth. Click here for more info.
- Piaget Education and Petra Christian University Surabaya are offering scholarships for international teachers of all subjects to join a uniquely designed Master Program of Education Leadership Management, inclusive of stipends and airfares, that will prepare graduates to become competent professionals at educational institutions. Send your CV to [email protected] to submit your interest.
- South Pole is looking for a Climate Projects Regional Director to own and grow the Climate Projects Business Line presence in South East Asia & Australia. Apply here.
- ReelOzInd! Short Film Competition and Festival is back in 2022 and can’t wait to share its festival of short films with audiences in Indonesia, Australia and beyond. This year our theme is ‘suara/voice’. Submit your entry here.
- Do you have a great Indonesia-Australia business development idea that needs connecting and support? Submit your ideas to Katalis through its business portal here. Proposals can be submitted all year, and will be subject to approval from the governments of Indonesia and Australia.
- Bukalapak, an Indonesian-based tech unicorn with over 100 million users, 2 thousand plus employees, and a brand new office opening right here in Melbourne! They are looking for multiple positions in Jakarta, Sydney and Melbourne. Apply here.
- Australian Government is receiving applications for the Working Holiday Maker program that allows young adults to have a 12 month holiday, during which they can undertake short-term work and study. More info here.
- DFAT has established the Emerging Markets Impact Investment Fund (EMIIF) which seeks to support development ideas across the Indo-Pacific region. If you have a bright development idea consider applying for support here.
- Lakoat Kujawas is calling for proposals for the art residency program 2021-2022! The community of Taiftob Village, Mollo, NTT is open for collaboration with interdisciplinary artists and food activists. More info here.
- Australian Volunteers is temporarily suspending overseas placements but are continuing to support partner organisations through remote volunteering. If you’re interested in volunteering in-country then check-out a range of opportunities here.
- The Australian National University is offering a course on introduction to Indonesia’s economy and policy environment. This is a chance to learn from world experts on the Indonesian economy in a two-day intensive course. More info here.
- Inside Indonesia publishes original pieces on a wide range of political, social, environmental, and cultural issues in Indonesia. They accept articles from people who have an interest in Indonesia. To find out how to contribute, click here.
- Career Insights: Graduate Programs in International Affairs In this article, YAIA has pulled together a curated list of graduate programs with an international focus, across federal Government departments and agencies, state and territory governments, and the private sector, that are available to apply for in 2022 (with most commencing in 2023). Find out more here.
- The Center for Indonesian Policy Studies is looking for full-time Junior researchers who will be responsible in supporting the writing of CIPS research and also in conducting their own research in accordance with good writing standards in CIPS. Apply here.
Like what we do? Want to join or support your local chapter to contribute to our exciting activities? Sign up as an AIYA member today!